Welcome to GCET Help!
GCET screencast instructions
- To start using GCET click "Click here to start your exploration" on the welcome page.
- This is the main browser map. An image of part of the universe is shown. The image is divided up into 78 different tiles. Click one of the tiles to see a larger view of it.
- Click "Click here for corresponding C-17 ground image" underneath the image to see the exact same image taken from a ground telescope.
- If you would like to select a different tile click "Return to the main browser map". Click on the image to view a larger image where you can use the "Zoom In" feature and select galaxies for analysis.
- Now there is a large image of the tile on the screen. You can enter a specific galaxy id and click search, or you can move your mouse around the image and galaxy alerts will pop up whenever information about a galaxy is present for the galazy that your mouse is hovering over. You may also zoom in and out of the image by hovering your mouse over the "Zoom In", Zoom Out", and "Normal" links.
- Click a galaxy when you have located one that you would like to analyze. You may also click "Return to the main browser map" to start over.
- Now you are on the analysis page. Follow steps 1, 2, and 3 on this page. For help using the measurement tools click this help link about the record measurement button.