|AST 307 · Introductory Astronomy
Chapter 16 Oct. 8-10
- How is energy generated inside of the Sun?
- How does energy get from the inside to the outside of the Sun?
- How does energy leave the Sun?
- Describe the first reaction in the proton-proton chain of nuclear
reactions inside of the Sun.
- How is Einstein's equation E = mc^2 useful in understanding
the generation of energy inside of the Sun?
- How have we tested our theory of energy generation in the Sun,
and what have we learned from these tests?