|AST 307 · Introductory Astronomy
Chapter 15 Oct. 3-6
- What do we know about the solar system that we expect
a theory of its origin to explain?
- How can we infer the presence of planets orbiting around
- How do the planetary systems we have found around other
stars differ from ours?
- Summarize the nebular theory of the formation of the solar
- How does the nebular theory explain the ways in which the
Jovian planets differ from the terrestrial planets?
- What observations have we made of the regions around young
stars that support the nebular theory of the formation of