|AST 307 · Introductory Astronomy
Chapter 3 Sep. 12-15
- What is a wave?
- Define, and give the relationships between wavelength,
frequency, and speed of a wave.
- In a light wave, what is waving?
- How do radio waves, infrared radiation, visible light, and
ultraviolet radiation differ? In what ways are they the same?
- What is a blackbody? What is blackbody radiation?
- How does the spectrum of a blackbody depend on its temperature?
Specifically, how does the wavelength at which it is brightest
and the power emitted by it depend on its temperature?
- Quantitatively, how does the Doppler effect change wavelength
of a light wave?